Custom Longarm Machine Quilting

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

White House Steps

This fun variation on the log cabin (white house steps, I believe it is called) is a Christmas present for my 87- year old Grandma H. She has had a bad bout of poor health lately, and can't do much anymore, so I thought that making a nice, big comfy quilt for her to keep her warm while she sits in her chair or on the couch reading or watching church movies would be just the thing!
I alternated between squiggles/in the ditch quilting, and loops/flowers....except on rows 2 and 4. Apparently I got a little messed up in my figuring, and I quilted squiggles/squiggles in the last block of these two rows.










I used a dark brown (I think it is called Chestnut) colored thread. The quilt turned out really nice, even if I did mess up the pattern!




0 comments: