Custom Longarm Machine Quilting

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Row Quilt

This quilt belongs to one of my husband's cousins. She joined a "Block of the Month" through Joann's, and this was the result. It is such a fun wall hanging. She wanted a natural-colored muslin on the back because she was just going to put this on the wall during the holidays.


In the border I did holly leaves. In the corners I did 3 leaves with 3 berries.
She mostly wanted everything just outlined and then filled in in the backgrounds. Behind the stars I did a loop with stars.


Behind the trees I did clouds.
Behind the houses I did squiggly lines to represent winter mist.
This is the back of the quilt. I love it when you can see the patterns so well on the backing!
In her pinwheel blocks I did a swirl to make them look like peppermint candies.

I oultined the holly leaves and berries and filled in with a tight meander behind. I also outlined the presents and filled in with a loop.

The thread I used is called eggshell. It is a unique color, because it isn't quite white and not quite cream, but it matches perfectly on both white, off-white, and cream colored fabrics.

0 comments: