Custom Longarm Machine Quilting

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sampler Row Quilt

One of my clients brought this sweet sampler row quilt to me to have it quilted. She wanted something different in each row, and had ideas for a few of the rows, leaving the rest of it up to me.

I did leaves in the outer border. I stitched in the ditch around the sun and echo quilted around the applique flowers (I'm showing you the back view because the quilting shows up better). In the triangle row I quilted squiggley lines in a diagonal pattern, with ribbons in the background. In the fourth row I did swirls.

In row 5 I quilted feathers. The row below that I did flowers, then leaves below the flowers.


In the log cabin variation blocks I quilted a square spiral. In the bottom row I echo quilted the diagonal lines of the row.
I used YLI whole wheat colored thread



0 comments: