Custom Longarm Machine Quilting

Friday, March 26, 2010

Civil War Repro Quilt

I had such a fun time quilting this quilt! It took me a couple of weeks to complete the quilting on it, but I think the end result was totally worth it.

In the nine patch blocks I quilted a flower in the center, with feathers in the outer corner blocks, and ribbons making a four-patch design in the alternating blocks.

In the color patchwork nine patch blocks I quilted feathered wreaths.

I split the border into three parts. In the outer part I quilted a non-traditional Baptist fan pattern. I left the green fabric part of the border empty, and then quilted feathers on the inner part of the border.

I love how the back of the quilt turned out looking.

On the feathered wreaths I used Superior Threads King Tut Sahara Shadows thread (a variegated brown color). On the nine patch blocks I used a YLI whole wheat colored thread. For everything else I used YLI parchment colored thread.