This quilt belongs to my mother-in-law. She brought it to me to have it quilted, and told me to just do whatever. She initially thought that maybe an all-over pattern or something would work, but I thought it needed something different in each block. She didn't care, one way or the other, and told me to just do my "thing."
It took me about a week to complete the quilting on this. Some of the pictures don't show off the details as much as I would've liked them to, so you may have to click on the picture to see a large image for some details to show up.
In this little strip I left the background alone, but quilted flowers in the blocks.
In these blocks (there were 4 of them, but I only got 2 1/2 for the picture) I quilted feathers.
In the border I quilted a long, continuous feather, following the flow of the pieced border with the spine of the feather. In the rest of the border I did pebbling, so that the feather would stand out more.
I used a whole wheat colored thread.