Custom Longarm Machine Quilting

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Lady Madonna Quilt

One of my good friends is in the process of adopting a baby. She made this quilt for the birth mother. It is BEAUTIFUL. It is called "Lady Madonna" by Abbey Lane Quilts.

I took the flower design from the center of the quilt and replicated it randomly throughout the background. Then I echoed everything, the flowers and the applique pieces.



In the center, I quilted around the small white flower center, the outside of the pink petals, and the outside of the black petals. She used a 1/2-5/8 inch batting, so the center fluffed up beautifully. I did not quilt on any of the rest of the pink applique pieces, so they puffed up a lot, as well.


She used this beautiful minkee on the back. It is so soft and smooth. I used black thread.





1 comments:

Melanie said...

LOVE pink & black..good job on the quilting!