Custom Longarm Machine Quilting

Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Years Day Mystery Quilt 2009

I signed up for the New Years Day Mystery Quilt 2009 via Longarm University. We were sent the fabric requirements before NYD, and then were to spend New Year's Eve piecing, and New Year's Day quilting. Of course, if you didn't finish it in 2 days, it wasn't a big deal. It was all for the experience.

This is my finished quilt, without the binding. Had I known what it looked like, I would have changed the colors around a bit, but I guess that is the fun of doing a mystery quilt.

The feathers were kind of hard for me. I am not used to doing this particular style, but they turned out pretty good in the end.


This class was super fun, and I would definitely take another one. Even if you aren't a longarm/shortarm quilter, just a piecer, this was a fun experience.

0 comments: