I have a client, we'll call her "M", and she recently brought me 3 quilts to do. She was giving them away as gifts. I actually finished these last week, but it's taken me a while to get them posted...sorry!
This first one was red, black, and white, and for one of her adult nephews. The lighter red fabric (as seen in the thinner of the two borders) had almost a zebra-looking pattern to it. I immediately knew I wanted to do something similar to the pattern in the quilting. I also decided that I wanted to make some of the pieces pop more. To achieve this, I did a really, super tight meander in all of the dark red/black print fabric, and stitched in the ditch around everything else.
Friday, November 7, 2008