Custom Longarm Machine Quilting

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Graduation Alex!

At the family-owned floral shop I work out of we have what we call "afternoon girls". I used to be one, in fact, before I started quilting full time. Now niece Keisha and nephew Jase, and his friend Alex, work there. We used to call Alex the afternoon girl when he first started. He is a really good friend of the family, and actually practically is family! Anyway, all 3 of our afternoon workers are graduating from high school this week. CRAZY!

Angel, my SIL and Jase's mom, decided to make Alex a quilt. She used the same fabrics and the same pattern that she used to make the t-shirt quilts for her kids earlier this year.

I used black thread and quilted flames across the quilt. The back, as you can see in the picture above, is black minkee with red minkee pieces down each side.


Congratulations on your graduation, Alex!

1 comments:

Molly said...

Is that just a Suprisingly Super Simple with sashing? I love it. The flames are awesome.