Custom Longarm Machine Quilting

Sunday, December 30, 2012

July Quilts

I feel bad that here it is the end of December and I'm just barely getting around to posting quilts from July. But, it will give you all some ideas for next year, right? Right. :)

So, first up we have this awesome wall hanging. A client of mine made like 5 or 6 of these for gifts. This is the one she kept for herself. Usually she likes just a big, loose, all-over quilting design, but I talked her into letting me do some more custom quilting on it. I still kept it looser than I normally would've quilted something like this, and she ended up loving it!

In the background of the applique I quilted a larger meander. I outlined all of the applique pieces, and did some fun details on the watermelon, the sunflower, and the cake. In the flag I did different designs in the stripes, and I outlined the star. I did a wavy line in the inner border and a large loop with stars design in the outer border. In the filler block (between the Sweet Land of Liberty and the apple pie) I quilted a wish bone design.

This next quilt is one of those quilts where you sew the blocks together with a border, then using a template you chop it up, rotate it, and sew it back together. My client used red, white, and blue fabrics, so we decided a 4th of July themed design was what we needed to do.


 In each of the X's I quilted curvy lines, mimicking fireworks. In the blue background around the center of the quilt I quilted a meander. And in the outer border  I quilted a large star with loops in between them.


Here's a shot of the back. I love how the design shows up so nicely in the red thread (So Fine! Hot Chilies). It really makes it look like fireworks bursting all over the quilt!

0 comments: