Custom Longarm Machine Quilting

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Stained Glass Windows

My client "M" brought me this quilt. It is for her daughter and son-in-law. She was going to show it in the Spanish Fork Fiesta Days Quilt Show.

I quilted a tight meander in each little section of colored fabric, matching the thread as closely to the main color of fabric as I could.
In the outer border I did a looser meander. In the pieced border I did a large squiggle. In the inner border I quilted a continuous loop. In the flying geese border on the 1 side I quilted 1/4 inch on the inside.



The quilting turned out so cool on this one! The tight meander in the colored piecing makes the green fabric pop up, almost looking like little stained glass windows.
I ended up using 9 colors of thread: royal blue, navy blue, black, eggshell, scarlet, grass green, wheat, gray, and pale yellow. The backing was a cheetah minkee print.


0 comments: